Tuesday 13 March 2012


  • Poetry Club: 
Grammar Focus: 1st and 2nd Conditional
Level: Advanced

  • We have been working on the 1st and 2nd conditional for the past couple of weeks now. I used poetry to design our follow up activities, which required the students to reproduce two famous poems. For the first conditional I used part of Rudyard Kipling's "If". Their projects are still in progress, so I am going to post more details in the forthcoming weeks.
  • For the second conditional I used "Tread Softly" by W.B. Yeats. I was surprised by how well the children reacted to difficult texts that were written so long ago.

  • As visual stimuli I used two amazing videos made for the above poems, which you can view below. These people have done an outstanding job! If you like the videos visit their channels on You Tube, it's totally worth it. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment