Saturday 7 April 2012

Letter Games: Alphabet Loop Cards



  • Loop Cards otherwise known as Follow Me cards are a fairly simple way to practise vocabulary in class. They are easy to make and small in size so you can carry them with you. They are also a fun activity to do with your child at home and play. 
  • There is no limitation to the ways you can use them. From Math to grammar and vocabulary, they always work. What follows is an example of an Alphabet Loop Card Set I made for my second grade, to practise letter names and sounds and alphabetical order. I have also made a printable template that you can use with your children at home for some extra fun. 


Click on the photo to print. 

Click on the photo to print. 

Click on the photo to print. 

Game instructions:
1. Divide the cards among players. 
2. The player that has the card with the two first letters of the alphabet plays first.
- I have "a". Who has "b"?
3. The player with the next letter answers:
- I have "b"? Who has "c"? 
At the end the children realise they have ended up where they started:
- I have "z". Who has "a". 








You might also like:

Dolch Words Printable Games.
Dolch Words Printable Memory Game. 


There are plenty of online loop card generators that you can use to make your own cards. A few years ago I run into http://www.senteacher.org. You might want to check it out!