Monday 11 June 2012

End Of Year Activities: Teacher Yearbook



It is a matter of days now, for the school year to end. The goodbye gifts are almost ready, and so am I. The yearbooks are finished, the CDs copied, notebooks and textbooks are sent home along with a goodbye card signed by everyone in our class. But not only students are entitled to have something to remember the year by. Teachers should have keep shakes, too. In order to boost my already frail memory, I have made myself a yearbook. OK, I might remember everything and every student with clarity now, but this is not going to be the case in 20 years time. This is where my yearbook comes in. It is a simple thick notebook, which I ask my students to sign. I also ask them to draw me a little goodbye card. In the first page of each year, I write all the classes I taught and the students' names. Then I dedicate a few pages to each class. I am particularly happy with the summer wishes I got this year. 

Goodbye CD containing a year's
work by Hill School students.
Αποχαιρετιστήριο project από την
 έκτη τάξη της Σχολής Χιλλ.  

If you haven't got a yearbook yet, I strongly recommend you start one. Treat yourself to something that will remind you how good it feels to be a teacher. When I have a bad day at work, you know one of these days that you feel you are doing everything wrong and that nothing works,I open my yearbook and get strength from it. Here are a few of this year's pages. 















No comments:

Post a Comment