Sunday 15 July 2012

Bookworms: Brambly Hedge



Brambly Hedge by Jill Barklem must be one of the most read children's books series in the whole world. I remember packing these books and taking them with me on every holiday we would go when I was a child. Back then I had only four of the books: The Winter StoryThe Spring Story, Poppy's Babies and the Autumn Story. They are well worn out by now, but I still show them off proudly in my bookcase. So you can imagine how happy I was when I found a complete set of the series for 9.99 pounds in a stock book store. Unfortunately there aren't any book stores of this kind in Greece, with is something that annoys me greatly. Books shouldn't be overpriced. They should be affordable for all people to buy. Anyway, today I visited Jill Barklem's official site and thought I should share with you my love for these books. Check out the site with your child and have a look around. If I were you I would definitely buy them. 
 









The books were also made into a TV series back in the day. I prefer the books to the videos, but still have a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment